We are always on the lookout for new ally stories! Need some guidance? Consider the following questions to help you get started:
- Do you consider yourself a straight ally in your workplace? How did you “come out” and let your colleagues know that you support inclusion and equality for LGBT people?
- What motivated you to learn more about the LGBT community in your health-related field? As doctor, nurse, or allied health professional have you ever felt ostracized because you are a straight ally?
- Was there a turning point that led you to support inclusion and equality for LGBT people in your faith community? If so what was it?
- Do you consider yourself to be an ally to people who are trans? Was there a a specific experience that led you to identify as an ally?
- Why did you join your local PFLAG Chapter? What did the chapter do to make you feel welcome as a straight ally without a LGBT child or family member?
- If you could summarize it in one sentence – why are you a straight ally? Is there a specific person or event that motivated you to be a straight ally? Have you ever had to defend your position as an ally?
Submit your responses to email@example.com, and please share this request with your friends! If your submission is selected for the publication or web resources, we will contact you if additional information is required.